بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
This recipe is a combination of two yummy Turkish recipes, Sahan Köfte and Köfteli Patlıcan Sarma. I wasn't sure which to cook as i love them both, so I thought...Hey! why not have best of both recipes!? So I did just that. :)
Here is what you will need.
2lbs mince lamb
2 medium onions grated
2 sliced white bread crust cut off
(Soaked in bread and then milk squeezed out)
4 garlic cloves
1 tspn cumin powder
1 tspn garam masala
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsn red pepper flakes
7-8 small eggplants
8 long green Turkish peppers (remove seeds if you wish for it not to be too spicy)
2-3 Green bell peppers
5 large tomatoes
Fresh parsley ( 2 cup)
Sunflower oil 1 cup ( you can use more if needed)
8-10 tbsn of flour
For the sauce
3 cans of chopped tomatoes
2 tspn Garam masala
3-5 crushed garlic cloves
1. Pre heat oven to gas mark 6.
2. Place mince lamb into bowl, add the grated onions, bread, garlic, eggs, cumin and garam masala, salt to taste, half of the parsley and red pepper flakes. Combine really well and leave to marinate for at least an hour.
3. Make into long meatball shape, when done dredge each one in the flour and shallow fry until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
4. Next take the eggplant and cut length ways, and shallow fry till golden brown.
5. When eggplants have cooled to touch begin to assemble by wrapping each meatball kebab with a slice of eggplant.
|Time to assemble.|
|Wrap each kofte with eggplant slice.|
|Place a slice of tomato and Turkish pepper on top of each kofte.|
|Place potatoes and bell peppers between each kofte.|
6. Now to make the sauce heat up a 4 tbsn of olive oil and heat, add one clove of garlic and when you can smell garlic add canned chopped tomatoes, 1 tspn of garam masala and 3 cups of hot water. Cook until it has reduced slightly and then pour over the casserole.
7. Cook in the oven for at least 30 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
|Serve with delicious bulgar pilaf.|
For Bulgar Pilaf recipe click link below.