بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Courgette spaghetti or Courgetti as it is known here. ( One of my American friends informed me it known in the US as Spoodles, spaghetti/noodles :D ) I saw this recipe in a Healthy eating magazine as an alternative to pasta. I thought I would give this a try and see how it goes, would I substitute it for pasta? No, however this is a delicious dish in its own right, so flavourful and bursting with freshness! I really enjoyed cooking this, as well as eating! You can cook with any ingredients you wish, I decided to go for the fresh flavours of the Mediterranean. It doesn't take long at all. It can be eaten as a yummy lunch, light dinner or as a side dish. Either way I am sure you will enjoy! Give it try and see for yourself.
10 sundried tomatoes from a jar
10 roasted peppers from jar
4 tbsn of Olive oil
1 Small bag of fresh basil chopped up
Handful of pine nuts
Salt and black pepper to taste.
1. Cut courgettes into thin strips till you reach the seeds. ( To do this I used a tool that looks like a peeler but actually juliennes, if you do not have you can grate using the thick side of grater)
Do not throw away the inside of the courgettes as this will be used in the sauce.
|Keep this part to add to the sauce.|
2. Next heat 2 tbsn of olive oil in pan and add the courgetti and cook for about 2 minutes on high heat. We do not want to fully cook the courgettes but just enough to keep a good crunch. Remove and set aside.
3. Heat the remaining oil in same pan and add the sundried tomatoes, peppers and inside of the courgettes. Cook till the pulp of courgettes has softened which should take about 5 minutes. Then add you chopped up basil leaves. Cook for another 2 mins and then add your courgetti.
4. Cook all together for a few more minutes making sure the sauce covers all the courgetti.
5. In small frying pan toast the pine nuts until golden brown, making sure to not burn.
6. Finally, dish up your courgetti into a plate, sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.