بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
With the Summer months fast approaching nothing beats sipping on an ice cold lemonade, homemade ofcourse! Unfortunately I have an allergy to some fruits, which limits what fruit in can have, however cooked the fruit or poach and its not a problem. I absolutely love peaches, sadly it is one of my 'forbidden' fruits. I sit and watch others eating juicy fruits and I have to say I do feel it's tad bit unfair. So in order to beat this I try to add the fruit I am allergic to, into cooked dishes or desserts, i know its not the same as having them raw and most probably kills off many nutrients, but for me there is no choice.
Anyway leaving that aside, I decided to make a Peach Lemonade, this drink is super easy and you can get the children involved in helping you. Serve this to your guests as a pre-dinner drink. Guaranteed they wont be disappointed.
Fruity, refreshing and delicious, give this a try and taste the Summer!
6 riped peaches
1 cup of fresh lemon juice
1 cup of sugar
3 cups of water
zest of 2 lemons
1 sprig of mint
1 bottle of peach flavoured sparkling water, you can use plain sparkling or any soda of choice.
1. Cut peaches into small pieces and add to a pan along with the sugar water and lemon zest.
2. Heat on medium till sugar melts and syrup begins to thicken.
3. When Peaches soften mash with potato masher.
4. Add the mint leaves and leave to simmer for a few minutes more. Then turn off heat.
5. Once cooled strain through a sieve.
This is the pulp that remains, now as you know I don't like to waste and I most certainly didn't want to waste all this goodness, so I had a change of plan! I decided to add the pulp to a blender along with the juice and whizz up all together.
6. When all done it looks different in colour than before (see pic below). But taste definitely intensifies.
7. Add the lemon juice and mix well, pour half into a glass pitcher, depending on size of pitcher. Then pour the sparkling peach water to the top.
8. Pour into glasses add ice cubes and garnish with mint leaves, then sit back and enjoy the sunny days sipping on cooling peach lemonade. :)