بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
This delicious Chicken recipe really packs a zingy punch, the intense flavour of ginger and green chillies compliment each other to give it a real kick! This recipe is my mothers and I know I say this all the time but this really is a simply recipe requiring minimal ingredients. You can make it either as a curry with sauce or even as a dry roast, either way it is one of those culinary delights that will have you oooooohhh'ing and aaaaaahhh'ing and mmmmmmm'ing right till the end! Give it a try and see for yourself :)
6 chicken legs (I asked butcher to cut mine to separate thigh from leg giving me 12 pieces)
12 inches of ginger
10-12 green chillies
Half a cup of yogurt
2 tspn of cumin powder
2 tspn of coriander powder
1 tspn of ginger powder
1 tspn of garam masala
half a tspn of cardamom powder
Salt to taste
4 tbsn of ghee
1 tspn cumin seeds
1. Blend together 10 inches of ginger (leaving rest of it for later) green chillies and yogurt to a paste and set aside.
2. Heat ghee in pan and add chicken, brown so that it seals.
3. Once brown pour in ginger paste.
5. Cook on medium high heat for about 5 minutes, then cover and leave to simmer for another five minutes.
6. Remove lid and cook on high heat till all the liquid evaporates. Grate 1 inch of ginger into the pan and mix Add 1 cup of water and cover and simmer for another 5 minutes. When chicken is cooked and sauce has thickened turn off heat and set aside.
7. In a sauce pan heat 2 tbsn ghee or oil and add cumin seeds. With remaining ginger slice into thin strips to make juliennes. Add this to saucepan and cook till cumin seeds release an aroma and ginger is beginning to crisp on edges.
|Delicious succulent and packed full of flavour, Ginger Chicken.|
For Zeera Aloo recipe click the link below
Bil-hana wa ash shifa'a!