بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
White Qorma is one of those dishes you wont be making on a regular basis due to how calorific it is! However when you do it will have both yourself and your guests salivating! It has no red chili powder so the only spiciness comes from the green chilies, garam masala and black pepper. Having said that this recipe is not about how hot it is on the tongue but rather how exquisitely different it is from the everyday red coloured curries. This very rich qorma consists of luxurious ingredients that are so flavourful yet subtly soothing on the palate. Give it try and see for yourself. :)
3lbs boneless chicken
2 cups of double cream
2 cups of Greek yoghurt
2 tbsn white poppy seeds
1/2 cup of almond blanched or already in slithers
1 cup of pine nuts
12 green cardamoms
7-8 greeen chilies or as desired
2 tspn salt
1 tbsn coarse black pepper
2 tspn garam masala
15 curry leaves
2 inch pice of ginger
one whole garlic bulb
2-3 medium onions
3-4 cups of milk
10 whole round dried red chilies
8 tbsn olive oil
We need to first make the paste.
1. Grind the poppy seeds and cloves until almost powder, set aside.
2. Add the nuts to a blender with 1/2 cup of milk and grind to a paste and transfer to plate, add the poppy seed and clove mixture to this paste and mix well.
3. Add the onions and one cup of milk to blender and blend to a paste. ( If need be cut onions into smaller pieces)
4. Mix this to the nut and poppy seed mixture and combine well.
6. Now add this to rest of mixture and ix well. Set aside.
7. In pan heat about 10 tbsn of oil, add curry leave and fry for a few seconds on high heat, then add green cardamoms and fry for about a minute.
8. Add chicken and cook on high till chicken releases its own water, cook till all water dries and chicken is slightly golden.
10. Add the Greek yoghurt and cook again till water cooks out, keep hear medium high, keep stirring to avoid burning.
11. Now add cream and cook well for a 3-4 minutes. Turn off heat.
12. In a small frying pan add about 7 tbsn of olive oil, when it had heated through add the round red chilies and about 2 tbsn of pine nuts, fry until they are golden brown and oil is sizzling hot.
13. Pour over the chicken and stir through.
|Serve with nan, roti or Basmati rice.|